OUR MISSION (WHY WE’RE HERE):
"To participate in the city-wide transformation of Chattanooga by modelling, resourcing and equipping the Body of Christ for sustained and unified prayer, worship and outreach."
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?
We model our ministry through prayer meetings and retreats we host.
We resource prayer by offering logistical support for prayer meetings and retreats throughout the region.
We equip the Body of Christ for prayer through trainings and hands-on learning experiences.
** Oftentimes, prayer and worship will be intermixed, just as we find throughout the Scriptures but especially in the Psalms.
TRANSFORMING THE CITY (HOW WE KNOW IF WE ARE SUCCESSFUL):
Churches will be more prayerful, with an increasing number of prayer and worship meetings around town.
- He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.” -Matt 21:13
There will be a deeper indwelling of the Scriptures and of the Holy Spirit through increased worship.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” -Colossians 3:16
- “but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.” -Eph 5:18b-21.
Individuals will know how to retreat in prayer on their own, congregations will know how to pray in agreement together, and both will have a greater desire to do so.
- “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.” -Luke 5:16
- “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” -John 10:27.
- “Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” -Matthew 18:19-20.
The citywide Church will come together to pray with increasing relational unity resulting in souls coming to Christ.
- ”By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” -John 13:35.
- “I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. -John 17:23
- “Consecrate a fast; call a solemn assembly. Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the LORD your God, and cry out to the LORD.” -Joel 1:14
Groups of people outside our city will take note and want to repeat our success.
- “Thus says the LORD of hosts: Peoples shall yet come, even the inhabitants of many cities. The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, ‘Let us go at once to entreat the favor of the LORD and to seek the LORD of hosts; I myself am going.’” -Zech 8:20-21.
On a citywide basis, we will start to see more and more answers to prayer.
- “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” -Jeremiah 33:3.